The rules to apply funding from Westfield Area Chinese American Association (WACAA)
Only the senior members of WACAA may apply funding from WACAA.
The funding should be used for public activities only. The public activity is defined as there are at least 10 senior members attending the activity. The activity should follow the WACAA
- 每次活动的总金额在 $200以下，或者每人次金额在 $10以下，由理事会批准即可。如果金额超过以上所述，则由多数理事会成员表决决定。
The board may approve: the total amount is less than $200, or the amount for each individual is less than $10. If the requested amount is higher than the above numbers, then it will be voted by the members.
All the application and approval or denial information will be available upon request to the senior members.
The total amount of the fund for each year will be set by the board in the annual budget.
- 举例参考 FAQ
The Chinese New Year Performance support team wants to have an appreciation party afterwards,may we apply for the funding? Yes.
We will attend a volunteer activity organized by another organization. May we apply the funding? Yes.
We will have a professional to teach us how to make cakes. May we apply the funding? Yes.
We will organize a hikingactivity to prompt healthy living for the members. May we apply the funding? Yes.
We are going to do some cleanups at the community park. May we apply the funding? Yes.
We are going to prompt Chinese cultures in the school. May we apply the funding? Yes.
We will have a multiple families gathering event. May we apply the funding? No.
附录：协会的宗旨 Mission statement from the bylaws
The mission of the Corporation is to build a stronger greater Westfield Chinese community through leadership, collaborative efforts, and multi-cultural promotion and services. To fulfill this mission, the Corporation will:
- Serve the greater Westfield area Chinese community through efforts aimed at eliminating prejudice and discrimination against members of the Chinese community and other ethnic and cultural minorities, defending civil rights secured by law, promoting a safe community and combatting crimes and other forms of community deterioration.
- Promote Chinese culture in a multi-cultural environment, and introduce the Chinese language, arts and cultural traditions to the community, including through facilitating the offerings of Chinese language, cultural and arts programs by the local school systems.
- Foster collaborative efforts, volunteerism and leadership in an effort to lessen neighborhood tensions and government burdens.
- Promote community participation and awareness among our members.
- Represent the interests and concerns of Chinese residents in the community.